Ace signed three of these for us at his show in Cleveland at the House of Blues in 2019.
- Vinyl (April 1, 2014)
- Original Release Date: 2014
Dressed to Kill was re-released in 1997 in a remastered version. Possibly due to the short length of the album, original vinyl versions had long pauses between each track to create the illusion that the sides were longer than they were. Each side ran just 15 minutes, and some of the song times were listed incorrectly on the vinyl versions. For example, "Two Timer" was listed at 2:59 and "Ladies in Waiting" was listed at 2:47.
While the album cover depicts Kiss in business suits, the only member of the band who actually owned one was Peter Criss. The suits worn on the cover by the rest of the band were owned by manager Bill Aucoin. The original vinyl release of the album also had the Kiss logo embossed around the picture. The photograph of the band on the album cover was taken on the southwest corner of 23rd Street and 8th Avenue looking north in New York City.
Dressed to Kill peaked at #32 on the US charts and was certified gold by the RIAA on February 28, 1977. "C'mon and Love Me" and "Rock and Roll All Nite" were released as singles but failed to rise up the charts. A live version of "Rock and Roll All Nite" from Alive! was released as a single later that year and reached #12 on the singles charts.
"Rock and Roll All Nite" is one of Kiss' most well known songs and remains a permanent staple in the band's concerts since 1975 along with "Rock Bottom", "C'mon and Love Me" and "She".
|1.||"Room Service"||Paul Stanley||Stanley||2:59|
|2.||"Two Timer"||Gene Simmons||Simmons||2:47|
|3.||"Ladies in Waiting"||Simmons||Simmons||2:35|
|4.||"Getaway"||Ace Frehley||Peter Criss||2:43|
|5.||"Rock Bottom"||Stanley, Frehley||Stanley||3:54|
|6.||"C'mon and Love Me"||Stanley||Stanley||2:57|
|7.||"Anything for My Baby"||Stanley||Stanley||2:35|
|8.||"She"||Simmons, Stephen Coronel||Simmons, Stanley||4:08|
|9.||"Love Her All I Can"||Stanley||Stanley||2:40|
|10.||"Rock and Roll All Nite"||Simmons, Stanley||Simmons||2:49|
- Paul Stanley - vocals, rhythm guitar (guitar solo on "C'mon and Love Me")
- Ace Frehley - lead guitar (all guitars and bass on "Getaway", backing vocals on "Getaway" and "Rock Bottom")
- Gene Simmons - vocals, bass guitar, (rhythm guitar on "Ladies in Waiting")
- Peter Criss - drums, percussion, vocals
- Neil Bogart - producer
- Dave Wittman - engineer
- George Lopez - assistant engineer
- George Marino - CD mastering
- Joseph Palamacco - remastering
- Bob Gruen - photography
|Canadian Albums Chart||26|
|US Billboard Pop Albums||32|
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||500,000^|
^shipments figures based on certification alone
- Casablanca NBLP-7016 (March 19, 1975): First LP issue
- Mercury 824 148-2 M-1 (July 1987): First CD issue
- Mercury 314 532 3762 (July 15, 1997): Remastered CD
- Mercury B0020146-01 (April 1, 2014): 180 gram vinyl LP, reissue